Thursday 24 April 2008

What’s going on on this site?

It has been quite sometime now and loads of articles were published on this blog. However, in the past few weeks, there seems to be a lot of change in the entries and publication of articles in this blog.

To indicate that, my faithful readers like Chaitanya and Shashi, who have been with this blog since a long time, have provided their comments on the new happenings on this blog. Their common complain is that now this blog hosts only news items and financial details, and seems that the blog has lost the unique touch that existed in the previous articles.
Hence, I thought it would be nice to explain certain things to the readers : -)

OK, now let me tell you what is happening.
First, I’m NOT a professional blogger. I blog for sharing my thoughts and sometimes become a bit greedy about earnings from adsense ads. However, the earnings are inconsistent and vary from $1 to $3 or sometimes a bit higher.

I have a full time paid job and my job requires me to keep travelling across the globe. Hence, whenever I get time, I attempt to put up a nice and unique post.

Then why are there so many posts about news items for IPOs and fund offers everyday?
Blogs work on freshness. The day I do not publish anything, the traffic comes down drastically because Search engines like Google keep on looking for fresh contents on blogs (That’s the difference between a blog and a website). If Google does not find anything new on a blog, it usually takes it as an obsolete entry and the ranking comes down. So I’ve been joined by a qualified friend on investments, who is based in India and is helping me in posting the news items about the new fund offer and reviews of upcoming IPOs.

Am I doing it to earn money?
Yes and No.

Yes, because sometimes I become optimistic that my adsense earnings might increase, (which unfortunately are not increasing : -( and staying stagnant in the range of $1 to $3 and now I have my friend to share the earnings).

NO because knowledge sharing is still the motive of this blog and I want to assist individuals in understanding the complexities and hidden truths about the stock market working and investments in insurance policies. I still want readers to come to my site and read through my best articles which are listed on “Table of Contents” page. The day I stop posting articles, the blog will no longer be getting a good ranking on search engines, hence some content is required on a daily basis.

So what have I come up with?
Keep it simple. The IPO/ NFO/ Finance News sections will be provided daily. The content will be provided by my friend; I will be reviewing it, making changes and necessary additions and finally posting the article.

I will also be writing articles in my usual tone, to explain the things that I usually enjoy. Whether it is entering the stock markets, buying insurance policies, whether ETF’s and index funds are best bet or whatever. But as I have a full paid job and I travel extensively, I may not be able to provide a unique post everyday.

What is the use of all this?
Posting new content will ensure that search engines have good ranking for the site. However, the Table of contents lists only the selected articles, which I want all the readers to read. That’s why on all pages, I compulsorily provide a link to TOC, not to any and all kinds of articles.

What do I get out of all this?
Nothing, but pure satisfaction. Some people smoke, play games, do pastime in various forms. I enjoy this hobby and I want to keep it popular : -)

Do let me know your thoughts and your expectations, if any.

7 comments:

nickp2 said...

Hi Shobit,

I am still following your blog.Though we may not be reading it daily we do try and read it atleast once a week.Though I must say that I lost interest when I saw the articles on IPO and NFO etc.
I have a question, how can we distinguish between a article which you have written and how do we get to know that this article is just meant to keep the popularity of the blog.

Though I know that I can come to know from the quality of content, but I still feel there should be a easier way to know which are the articles written by you...

Thanks a lot and keep blogging.....

Neo said...

Dude,
you are doing good work and keep it up.....

Aniruddha said...

Hi Shobhit.
Please keep it up..

regards
Andy

Sur said...

Hi Shobit,

That was excellent gesture to clarify your intentions in blogging. it would be just be as wonderful if any of the readers made use of the knowledge you pump in here and made some real money otherwise it would end like Tennyson's up as "the charge of the light brigade"

Greatly appreciate your one of a kind pastime... keep it going...

Ranjit Mathew said...

There are far too many advertisements on a given page for this weblog. It becomes difficult to quickly separate the main content from the advertisements and this puts off a lot of people. This might help explain why not that many folks click on advertisements.

Providing a lot of IPO reviews, especially considering your disdain for IPOs, also irritates some folks. I wish there were a simple way of removing the IPO reviews from the feed of your weblog, since they just add noise to the feed as far as I am concerned. Perhaps IPO reviews are useful to some people, but I wish the two of you start a separate weblog for that.

It might be that Google considers the frequency of updates on a web-site while evaluating its PageRank, but I think that it is still more important that others (preferably with high PageRank scores) link to pages from your weblog. That will only happen if the signal-to-noise ratio improves. Keep posting useful and insightful articles about, well, "Finance, Investments and Trading" and the linking will surely follow.

I hope you take these comments in the right spirit, since I would really like this weblog to get back to its former self. Your weblog was a much-needed breath of fresh air containing common-sense that otherwise seemed to be lacking in the euphoria surrounding the Indian stock market.

NIFTY TUTORIALS FREE TIPS said...

Hi,

I am a regular reader of your blog. For the past few weeks i am not receving any new mails from you. Why..
Keep me posted.

NIFTY TUTORIALS FREE TIPS said...

Hi,

I am a regular reader of your blog. For the past few weeks i am not receving any new mails from you. Why..
Keep me posted.

kumar


Copyright Information:
© http://invest-n-trade.blogspot.com
Please see Our Copy Right Policy. All the articles, posts and other materials on this website/blog are copyrighted to the owners of this portal. The content should NOT to be reproduced on any other website or through other medium, without the author's AND owners' permission.

DISCLAIMER: Before using this site, you agree to the Disclaimer.

About UsAdvertise with UsCopyRight Policy & Fair Use GuidePrivacy PolicyDisclaimer