Tuesday 15 April 2008

Earning money by Blogging: Select a good topic

Following my first part on Earning money from blogging So let me continue on my blogging experiences.

I started blogging because I found a way to express my views. I took it as a medium to share my knowledge with the interested people. Most of my articles were off the track, against the generally believed principles of “Stock Markets always go up”.

However, money or earning income from blogging was never an expectation for me in the beginning. Even today, I make only a daily income in the range of $1 to $3.

Sometimes I wonder what I am missing in my blog, which others have. People who focus of technology or even blogs dedicated to blogging are making a hell lot of money. The top Indian blogger Amit Agarwal has posted a pic of his new SUV car, a HONDA CR-V. The title of his blogpost is “ Google AdSense and Blogging Brought Me This Car”. All coming from his 5 digit dollar monthly income from blogging and income from Adsense.

After a long thought, I now feel that I someone has to earn money from blogging, he should select a topic which really clicks. My blog is about finance. The biggest problem with financial topics is that they become obsolete very soon.

I may write a great blogpost about the review of Reliance Power IPO or the latest happenings in the US about the Subprime Mortgage Crisis or on a lesser known valuation of Aishwarya Telecom IPO or the case of Infosys declaring a dividend.

The biggest problem with all these things and topics is that they become obsolete within a matter of 1-2 weeks. Even if Google search ranks my post on ICICI RICH Fund NFO Review in the tope 3 results, it will remain a search term for a very short period of time. Hence, the question is of sustainability. When people will no longer search for items you are posting, no matter how good your post is, it will not be fruitful.

So, for prospective bloggers, make sure you select the right topics. Technology is a good topic (unfortunately, I’m not good at it). Even if you can see Windows Vita coming into the market, thousands of people across the globe will still have millions of questions about windows 98 and its troubleshooting. Adobe may come up with latest version of Photoshop, but the primitive version will still be used. More so, bloggers on technology can continue to write on the new versions.


Let’s see if I can put up some more useful tips and mistakes to avoid in the next article, for the prospective bloggers. Table of Contents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks bro for sharing ur words i will try to do something like this only.........:)


Copyright Information:
© http://invest-n-trade.blogspot.com
Please see Our Copy Right Policy. All the articles, posts and other materials on this website/blog are copyrighted to the owners of this portal. The content should NOT to be reproduced on any other website or through other medium, without the author's AND owners' permission.

DISCLAIMER: Before using this site, you agree to the Disclaimer.

About UsAdvertise with UsCopyRight Policy & Fair Use GuidePrivacy PolicyDisclaimer